Working out the cost of your retreat couldn't be easier
Simply decide how long you want your walking holiday to last and ask us for a quote. Alternatively, consult the tables below for an idea of a 3, 5 or 7 night stay. You may qualify for discounts so please read the additional notes. If you're not sure of a price or want different options, just fill in the form on the Contact us page. We'll be happy to work it out for you.
The cost of your accommodation, option for daily meditation practice, walking meditations, yoga, are included in the retreat price. Plus, your own copy of Bob's novel, Pathways to Stillness.
Whether you are planning to come self-catering or B&B, the following facilities are also available for you and your party to take advantage of at no extra charge:
- Free gîte facilities: towels, bed linen & basic toiletries provided; access to a library of over 300 films & CDs.
- Free grange facilities: access to games room (table tennis and darts), laundry room, additional kitchen and lounging area complete with wood burner.
- Free outdoor facilities: three secluded gardens to choose from complete with sun loungers, cushions, BBQs and outdoor dining facilities.
- Free use of our library of local walking routes and maps.
- Free walking kit to borrow during your stay (lunch boxes, poles, water bottles, backpacks, cagoules).
- Free booking service (for restaurants, day trips out to prehistoric caves, wine tasting events, Cathar castles, etc.).
- Free use of the meditation room.
Optional Extras to consider:
(at extra cost as per the Optional Extras page)
- In gîte massage for relaxation or therapy.
- Guided walks around the Razès and/or Cathar castles.
- Basic instruction in Hatha flow yoga sessions.
- Wine-tasting sessions in the Grange.
What's not included...
Guided historical tours (day excursions) to the famous Cathar castles are available (excluding lunch) and cost €45 per trip (based on two people sharing).
Airport transfers services are separate and quoted below. Bear in mind, you may qualify for discounts so please read the additional notes too. If you're not sure, we'll be happy to work it out for you. Just fill in the Contact us form.
Some terms explained...
Bed & Breakfast includes: a hearty continental breakfast for two each morning.
Several ways to pay
- A minimum of 3 nights' stay is required.
- Durations other than those cited above are worked out on a pro rata basis. Contact us for a quote.
- A 15% discount will be applied to the occupation of either gîte for two weeks.
- A 15% discount will be applied to the occupation of both Corbières and Soujeole Gîtes (two couples or friends coming together for a minimum of one week).
- Special prices will be given on request for stays of longer than two weeks.
- A special single person occupancy discount of 20% will be applied to encourage single people to do retreats.
Some extras (based on two people sharing)...
Options for Self-Catering or B&B
Inevitably some people naturally need more time and space within which to rest and breathe without the company of others. So our retreats provide you with the choice of whether you prefer self-catering or B&B. If you prefer to cook for yourself, each gîte has a fully equipped kitchen and we can still get together for a meal or social drink should you want. Local shops are open daily and easily accessible by car; there are also supermarkets along the way on your initial journey from the airport.
Car hire or pick up service
For those who intend to make the most of their time here by also visiting the markets, Cathar castles, Mediterranean coast or any other number of attractions around here, we strongly suggest you pick up a hire car at the airport.
For those who come simply to retreat and don't intend to do any sight-seeing (other than perhaps for a one-day Cathar trip), a round trip pick up and drop off service is available (including a trip to the supermarket should you need) and costs €50 from Carcassonne airport.
For longer stays, prices will be given upon request.